We are very excited to announce our sixth Embodied Voice Immersion in our beautiful center in the Colombian northern mountains.
It’s a very profound and transformative process… Please read carefully the information below, and contact us if you have further questions.
The immersion is open to all levels.
It is not necessary to have previous singing experience,
just a desire and commitment to find your authentic expression.
* May we all remember the powerful creative beings that we are. *
The 40 hours Embodied Voice Immersion is a potent in-depth space for all who want to find the resonance of their true voice, connecting with singing as a live vibrant energy. This profound exploration of the energetics behind Embodied Singing will ignite the creative source in the center of your being, and allow the sacred qualities of your voice to flow intact, healthy and free.
The Embodied Voice is a holistic method of self-healing and transformation which reconnects individuals and communities to their true voice, vitality and life force, by reactivating their inner vibration and expanding their resonance and creative power.
At the end of the Immersion you will receive a “40 hours Embodied Voice Immersion Certificate of completion”. These 40 hours can be used towards the 200 hours Embodied Voice Teacher Training newly offered by SONIDO SANA.
Taught in English / Spanish
ARRIVAL DAY: Sunday July 26th, 2020.
Check-in between 6am and 6pm.
Breakfast and Dinner are included this day.
SESSIONS: July 27th through August 2nd, 2020
Breakfast, Lunch an Dinner are included daily.
DEPARTURE DAY: Monday August 3rd, 2020
Check-out at 2pm. Breakfast is included this day.
If you wish to come earlier or stay longer, there are MANY beautiful options for lodging in Barichara. We recommend Color de Hormiga Hostel for an affordable dorm accommodation near-by. PLEASE CONTACT US FOR ANY SPECIAL REQUESTS.
The Embodied Voice Immersion INCLUDES:
– 2 daily sessions (3 hours each) of Embodied Voice training (total 40 hours)
– Daily tuning-in sessions with Markandeya
FOOD: 3 delicious, gluten-free, vegan meals per day with tropical juices and herbal infusions. The menu has been specially designed for us to support a transformative singing practice by the incredible Flor de Melon.
ACCOMMODATION: For the first 8 participants to register: Stay in a double room (for couples) or triple rooms, with private bathroom in Sonido Sana, our bright and spacious colonial house. For the following 6 participants to register to the retreat: Stay next door, at Casa Muriel, a local colonial hostel of the same category and conditions.
ALL MEALS will be served at our place.
OPTIONAL (not included in the price)
Daily morning Yoga classes. Shiatsu, therapeutic or relaxation massages.
– Flights, transportation to/from airport.
WE HAVE LIMITED SPACE of 14 PARTICIPANTS IN THIS IMMERSION.
INVESTMENT: $ 1111 USD
EARLY BIRD PRICE: $ 999 USD (Paying the FULL FEE by April 21st, 2020)
Discounted price for COLOMBIAN citizens: $ 2’626’000 COP
PLEASE INQUIRE ABOUT PAYMENT PLANS to firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO SAVE YOUR SPOT:
1. Please send an email to REQUEST A REGISTRATION FORM to: email@example.com
2. Pay a $250 USD deposit (non-refundable) and send the transfer receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT IN ORDER FOR THE EARLY-BIRD DISCOUNT TO BE EFFECTIVE, YOU NEED TO PAY THE FULL FEE BY APRIL 21st, 2020
- International PAY PAL: https://paypal.me/almunis
- Colombia BANK TRANSFER to:
Cuenta de Ahorros
Cédula # 52’849.741
8 – 9 am Breakfast
9 – 9:15 am Tuning-in (sound meditation with Markandeya)
9:15 am – 12 m Morning session
12:30 – 1:30 pm Lunch
1:30 – 3 pm Free time for rest and integration
3 – 6 pm Afternoon session
6:30 – 7:30 pm Dinner
7:30 – 8 pm Evening session (occasionally)
In this Immersion your will:
- Discover the unlimited potential of singing from your inner source -which is not an abstract concept- but a VERY tangible physical manifestation of embodying the vibrant energy that runs through everything in creation.
- Upgrade your posture, breathing, phonation, articulation and resonance by developing the whole body as an instrument and vehicle of voice energy.
- Improve your intonation by listening and feeling accurately with the body when you are in tune.
- Recognize limiting relational patterns, which manifest themselves as blockages in your throat and expression.
- Learn how to use your voice to heal wounds in your personal narrative and lineage, restoring the resonance and radiance of your vibratory field.
- Unblock, harmonize and strengthen the energetic centers in the body with healing vocal frequencies and vowels.
- Balance masculine and feminine inner aspects to sing from a place of wholeness within, radically widening your emotional, tonal and expressive range.
- Consolidate your energetic axis to sing (and live!) without depleting your vitality or hurting the phonatory system.
- Experience the power of singing freely with others as one diverse yet unified vibrational field. This multi-layered conscious sound has the potential to clear dense memories and stagnation from people and places, and harmonize discordant energies -past and present-. When we practice the Embodied Voice as a group, we harmonize, restore and nourish the sacred vibratory field of ourselves and others, increasing our capacity to live in harmony despite differences!
READ TESTIMONIALS HERE
Led by Alejandra Ortiz / Almunis, Colombian singer, soundhealer and teacher, creator of Lulacruza and Minük. Almunis is the founder of SONIDO SANA and the Embodied Voice Method. She
has been teaching hundreds of people around the world since 2005, based
on her life-long journey with singing, anusara yoga, drama therapy,
Taoist training, Native American plant medicine and spirituality.
READ MORE: https://sonidosana.com/bio/
Co-leader: Marcus Berg (Markandeya). Singer and producer from Gothenburg, Sweden. Founder of the eight piece orchestra Kultiration and then later Markandeya and Minük. Since his first album 2004, Marcus has written and recorded over 100 songs creating warm and authentic, life-affirming spiritual music inspired from his studies of the Vedas.
Barichara is considered “The most beautiful village of Colombia” and was declared a National Monument in 1978. It is 300 km from Bogota and 118 km from Bucaramanga, at an altitude of 1330 meters. Its average temperature is 23 degrees Celsius, perfect weather! Read more: https://www.lonelyplanet.com/colombia/north-of-bogota/barichara
VIA BOGOTA: You can fly to Bogota El Dorado International airport (BOG), sleep there for one night (or more nights if you want to visit the capital!), then come either by rental car or by bus from the Bogota terminal to Barichara (7 hrs aprox.)
If you come by bus: You can travel from Bogota to San Gil. Once in San Gil take a taxi or local bus to Barichara.
VIA BUCARAMANGA: You can fly to Bucaramanga Palonegro airport, and take a taxi to Barichara (aprox. 4 hours, and costs $100 USD one-way per car).
We recommend you take some time to explore Barichara before or after the retreat. This is a jewel of a mountain town! There are great hikes, architecture and community tourism, pottery classes, Spanish lessons…). Also, we are 30 mins from San Gil, the outdoor capital of Colombia, with white-water rafting, paragliding, caving, rappelling and trekking. We are happy to provide suggestions for places to stay in Bogotá, and other regions to visit in Colombia!